LAND SURVEYING TECHNICIAN
Location: Juneau, AK
PDC Engineers is seeking a Land Surveying Technician to join our full-service engineering team. We design innovative world-class projects utilizing state-of-the-art technologies from five offices throughout Alaska. We offer competitive pay and excellent benefits that includes paid time off (PTO), eight (8) paid holidays/year, healthcare, group life/disability, retirement, education reimbursement and advancement opportunities. PDC is a 100-percent employee-owned company.
The successful candidate will either have, or be on the path to obtain a Land Surveyor in Training (LSIT) Certificate or licensure as a Professional Land Surveyor (PLS) in the state of Alaska. Duties will include preparation of legal descriptions, subdivision plats, Dept. Of Natural Resources plats (ASLS, ATS, Accretions); surface modeling; volumetric computations; calculations for boundary corner search/staking coordinates; extracting and storing data and field notes in electronic and hard copy formats; technical/CAD support for the Land Survey Manager and field work. AutoCAD Civil 3D, Trimble Business Center, and Trimble survey equipment experience is a plus.
- AutoCAD experience
- Microsoft Office Suite (word, excel) experience
- 2+ years surveying experience (field/office ideal)
- GIS experience
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work in a detail oriented teamwork environment
- Ability to learn new, different, and diverse survey techniques
- Strong verbal & written communication skills
- Proficiency with computers and survey software
- Physical condition commensurate with travel and challenging physical activity within Alaska, Canada and the Pacific Rim
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. while hiking irregular and sometimes, uphill or wet, terrain
- Must be able to work over-time hours and be able to mobilize to/work in remote areas for several days to weeks at time
This opportunity is available in our Juneau office. Submit your resume to PDC Engineers, Attn: Human Resources, 6205 Glacier Highway, Juneau, AK 99801 or apply online.
All responses will be held confidential.