Professional Land Surveyor
Location: Juneau, Alaska
PDC, a RESPEC Company, is seeking an experienced Professional Land Surveyor to join our full-service engineering team to lead and grow our Southeast Survey Department in Juneau, AK.
The successful candidate will be licensed as a Professional Land Surveyor (PLS) in the state of Alaska. Duties include establishing legal boundaries of properties, subdivision plats, Dept. Of Natural Resources plats (ASLS, ATS, Accretions). This position facilitates work for small to large projects and entails the ability to work on many type of survey works, collaborating with multi-discipline engineering staff, clients, and other invested individuals to review and coordinate findings; interprets survey data and calculates geodetic measurements to determine shapes, positions, and elevations of geomorphic and topographic features. Schedules, assigns, supervises work of survey parties, engages in collection, processing and mapping of survey data. Provides advanced professional, technical, day-to-day support, guidance, and input to staff and other team members. Prepares project submittals to ensure that project budgets are met and reviews each project upon completion for quality assurance.
- Registered land surveyor in Alaska
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Proficient in Trimble Business Center and AutoCAD with Civil 3D desired
- Experience with GPS equipment, total station instruments, data collectors
- Boundary, control, Bathymetric, and topographic survey experience
- Thorough understanding of the principles, practices, and procedures of land surveying
- In depth knowledge of federal and state laws related to land surveying
- Excellent mathematical skills to conduct land survey analysis
- Strong verbal & written communication skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently and meet deadlines
Compensation: Salary depends on experience. We offer competitive pay, excellent benefits (healthcare, retirement, disability & life insurance, paid time off, 8-holidays/year) and advancement opportunities, continuing education, and professional societies. We are 100-percent employee-owned.
Submit your resume to PDC Engineers, Attn: Human Resources, PO Box 32723, Juneau, AK 99803 or at email@example.com. Open until filled.