Location: Fairbanks, Alaska
PDC Engineers is seeking a Surveying Technician to join our full-service engineering team! We design innovative world-class projects utilizing state-of-the-art technologies.
The successful candidate will either have, or be on the path to obtain a Land Surveyor in Training (LSIT) Certificate or licensure as a Professional Land Surveyor (PLS) in the state of Alaska. Duties will include preparation of legal descriptions; calculations for boundary corner search/staking coordinates, technical/CAD support for the Land Survey Manager and fieldwork. Civil 3D experience is a plus.
- AutoCAD experience
- 2+ years surveying experience (field/office ideal)
- GIS experience
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work in a detail oriented teamwork environment
- Strong verbal & written communication skills
- Proficiency with computers and survey software
- Physical condition commensurate with travel and challenging physical activity within Alaska, Canada and the Pacific Rim
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. while hiking irregular and sometimes, uphill terrain
- Must be able to work over-time hours and be able to mobilize to/work in remote areas for several days to weeks at time
PDC is a 100-percent employee-owned company. We offer competitive pay, excellent benefits (healthcare, retirement, disability & life insurance, paid time off, 8-holidays/year) and advancement opportunities.
This position is available in our Fairbanks office. Submit your cover letter and resume to PDC Engineers, Attn: Human Resources, 1028 Aurora Drive, Fairbanks, AK 99709 or apply online.
All responses held confidential. Open until filled.
All responses will be held confidential.