The Wal-Mart store in Juneau, Alaska, closed in early 2016, and has been dormant through the year. An ALTA/NSPS (American Land Title Association/National Society of Professional Surveyors) survey was requested, with short notice before the snowfall of December 2016.
PDC provided the required items for the 2016 ALTA/NSPS survey, with short notice. This survey required the location of many features that would not be identifiable once snow accumulation started. These types of surveys require adherence to a set standard, with client dictated items to be specifically shown on a certified plat. PDC was able to perform the field work ahead of snowfall, and delivered the plat ahead of schedule.
The Surveying services required for this project are:
- Records research based on certified title reports.
- Easement and encroachment identification and location.
- Location of site features including stripping, buildings, and utilities.
- GNSS (Global navigation Satellite System) static observations, GNSS RTK (Real-Time Kinetic) surveying, and conventional surveying.
- Certified plat creation.
- Monument establishment for missing or disturbed property corners.
- Re-established monuments require Monument Records or Record of Survey recorded with the Department of Natural Resources.