In recent years, new utility construction on certain military installations in Alaska has required an additional step during construction, and an additional deliverable upon completion of the construction: that of providing the survey services for extremely accurate as-built data, and capturing detailed information about the newly constructed infrastructure.
Contractors are now required to include the cost of capturing and delivering as-built data, in GIS format, in their construction bids. PDC is teaming with construction companies to provide these specialized services.
Typical survey/GIS work includes:
- Construction staking and survey support before and during construction.
- Surveying and documenting detailed information about the newly constructed facilities, as it is built.
- Converting as-built survey data into owner specified GIS format.
- Documenting placement, and capturing photos and attributes of new infrastructure.
- Guaranteed accuracy and complete as-built data.