Tract C, Wheeler Creek Homesites lies along Wheeler Creek, Admiralty Island, Alaska. Wheeler Creek is partially tidally influenced and has been subject to accretion and reliction along its banks. PDC performed an accretion survey to ascertain the area of accretion, create a Record of Survey for the legal Action to Quiet Title, and Plat recording subject to the Department of Natural Resources (DNR) review.
PDC provided the surveying for monument recovery, as-built existing structures and accesses, setting new monuments for the parcel, Record of Survey creation and recording, Department of Natural Resources (DNR) platting, and final plat recording.
The Surveying services required for this project were:
- Coordinated Tidal observations for determining Mean High Water (MHW) meanders along the creek.
- Records research for adjoining parcels and US Patent records.
- Boundary research and monument recovery
- Conventional surveying for monument recovery locations, MHW location based on the coordinated tidal elevations and vegetative lines.
- GNSS (Global Navigation Satellite System) static and Real-Time Kinetic (RTK) surveying.
- Establish new boundary primary and secondary monuments
- Record of Survey plat creation
- DNR submittal and Final plat recording